Punk is always more than music, even when it’s acoustic! Italian punk-folk singer-songwriter Gab De La Vega has just launched a Bandcamp campaign to raise awareness and funds for One Hundred For Haiti, a non-profit organization working to help the population of the Carribbean recently hit by Hurricane Matthew.
Here’s the full statement from Gab:
“Hey friends, this is very important.
I guess many of you have seen the terrible pictures coming from Haiti in these weeks.
Hurricane Matthew hit this country very hard. Haiti is already struggling because of poverty and the consequences of an earthquake that happened in 2010.
People are in need of clean and drinkable water, shelter, food, medical assistance, and everything that is basic not just to live, but to survive.
We can’t even fully understand how lucky we are to live where we live. We have everything we need and even more…maybe too much.
We need to do something, even a little help from each everyone of us can make a big difference if we all contribute.
This is what I’m asking you. A little help:
1. Visit gabdelavega.bandcamp.com
2. Download my album “Never Look Back”
3. Donate 4 € for the full album download. You can also donate more if you want.
4. ALL PROCEEDS WILL GO TO One Hundred For Haiti: www.onehundredforhaiti.org
5. Visit the One Hundred For Haiti website, learn more about this organization and how you can help. The organization is run by a group of people including a trusted and dear friend of mine, Greg Bennick from the bands Trial and Between Earth & Sky. I trust this organization completely. Please check www.onehundredforhaiti.org for more information about them.
6. Repost this and invite your friends to download and donate; raise awareness about the situation in Haiti.
Bandcamp has a link to send a recording as a gift. So if someone already downloaded the songs for themselves, they could also send it as gift to a friend.
I’ll add my contribution on top of your donations. All together we can make a difference for the people in Haiti. This world is a global community. There are many people in need and many places to put our support. For this moment, join me in helping in Haiti.
One Hundred For Haiti is already active and working in Haiti, but the current situation after the hurricane requires a bigger effort and it has to be now. I’ll leave this benefit download active for at least two weeks. I’ll send all money right after that.
I am sure you would like proof of your contribution actually making a difference so I can post the amount I send and then Greg and the team can let us all know – and I can update you myself – about how your donations were used.
Thank you for your support, please share this to help us reach more people!
Gab De La Vega”
Gab De La Vega live dates:
16.10 – Villa Del Conte (PD), Ricky’s Pub
19.11 – San Paolo (BS), Circolino Scarpizzolo
24.11 – Montecchio Maggiore (VI), La Mesa w/ Efa Supertramp
25.11 – Mantova, Al Viandante – w/ Efa Supetramp*
26.11 – TBC w/ Efa Supertramp*
27.11 – Trieste, Tetris w/ Efa Supertramp
03.12 – Palermo, Roxanne