Power Trip by Angela Owens
News Stories

Riley Gale died from a fentanyl overdose, says the autopsy report

Power Trip by Angela Owens
Riley Gale of the thrash titans POWER TRIP died from a fentanyl overdose, according to his autopsy report. Gale died on August 24th, 2020 at the age of just 34.

MetalSucks reports that the report was published by a YouTuber known as Heavy Metal Picker on Monday, May 24. MetalSucks has verified the authenticity of the report with the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s office.

“Fentanyl is a potent synthetic opioid at least 80 times more powerful than Morphine. It has shown up on the streets in recent times in alarming quantities, both on its own and laced in other drugs.” – explains MetalSucks.

The magazine further explains: “The report notes that Gale died from pulmonary edema, a condition caused by excess fluid in the lungs, as a result of “the toxic effects of fentanyl” and that the manner of death was an “accident.” It also notes that Gale had a “history of Xanax abuse” and a “history of depression” and was found “unresponsive on the floor at home.” The autopsy was performed on August 26 by Aaron Sohn, M.D. and overseen by Janis K Townsend-Parchman, M.D., who signed it.

The fentanyl in Gale’s blood was measured at 22.5ng/mL (nanograms per milliliter) while he tested negative for all other drugs (even alcohol) except for marijuana. According to the European Monitoring Centre for Drugs and Drug Addiction, “The recommended serum concentration for analgesia is 1–2 ng/ml and for anaesthesia it is 10–20 ng/ml. Blood concentrations of approximately 7 ng/ml or greater have been associated with fatalities where poly-substance use was involved.” According to another recent study, pulmonary edema was present in 96% of those who died of fentanyl.

The autopsy report includes a detailed analysis of Gale’s internal organs and other parts of his body, although none of the other findings were especially notable. You can view those in the video below.”

GO HERE to read the full feature.

Riley Gale died from a fentanyl overdose, says the autopsy report
To Top