This November marks twenty years since SAVES THE DAY released their pivotal full-length Through Being Cool, just two short years into their storied career. To celebrate, the band just announced that they’ll be reissuing the iconic album this fall in partnership with Equal Vision Records/Rude Records.
To mark the momentous occasion the band will be performing the album in its entirety for two shows, November 2nd at the Starland Ballroom in Sayreville, NJ (sold out) and November 9th at the House of Blues in Anaheim, CA. The double LP reissue includes a re-mastered version of the album alongside 9 never heard before album demos recorded in their basement and a live session from the same time period as well as an accompanying booklet. Ahead of the release on October 25th, pre-orders for the vinyl are available here and tickets to both shows are on sale now here.
This November marks twenty years since Saves The Day released their pivotal full-length Through Being Cool, just two short years into their storied career. With Chris Conley still at the helm, the band continues to evolve two decades into their creative journey while still embracing their past – most recently with their aptly titled ninth album, 9. This latest record offers the first ever autobiographical look into the band’s history in a way that is as exhaustive as it is poetic, inviting the listener to experience an intimate look inside the songwriting process.
It’s only fitting that one year after Saves The Day released an album that lyrically serves as a career retrospective, we are preparing to revisit the record that helped shape an era of music and propelled the band from New Jersey underground standouts to international mainstream success. Through Being Cool has maintained its immediacy through the ebbs and flows of influence emo and pop-punk have had on the greater musical world. It is consistently recognized as a pillar of how to successfully blur the lines between hardcore, punk and emo which has become standard practice for a generation of bands influenced by Saves The Day.
1. All-Star Me
2. You Vandal
3. Shoulder To The Wheel
4. Rocks Tonic Juice Magic
5. Holly Hox, Forget Me Nots
6. Third Engine
7. My Sweet Fracture
8. The Vast Spoils Of America (From The Badlands Through The Ocean)
9. The Last Lie I Told
10. Do You Know What I Love The Most?
11. Through Being Cool
12. Banned From The Back Porch
1. All-Star Me (Basement Demos)
2. My Sweet Fracture (Basement Demos)
3. Shoulder To The Wheel (Basement Demos)
4. Hold (Basement Demos)
5. Holly Hox, Forget Me Nots (Basement Demos)
6. Banned From The Back Porch (Basement Demos)
7. The Last Lie I Told (Basement Demos)
8. Through Being Cool (Basement Demos)
9. The Vast Spoils Of America (From The Badlands Through The Ocean) (Basement Demos)
10. All-Star Me (Live Session)
11. The Choke (Live Session)
12. Shoulder To The Wheel (Live Session)
13. Holly Hox, Forget Me Nots (Live Session)
14. The Last Lie I Told (Live Session)
15. The Vast Spoils Of America (From The Badlands Through The Ocean) (Live Session)
16. Houses & Billboards (Live Session)
17. Hold (Live Session)