“Too many people think of hardcore retirement as a problem for people in their 30s and 40s. The truth is, the earlier you start planning your hardcore retirement, the better.”, says the article and it couldn’t be more right. See an excerpt below and read the full entertaining feature after the jump.
Stage 1: Ages 12-14
- Be productive; don’t just sit back and observe what’s going on around you. Make a zine, record a demo, or start some online drama.
- Start making a name for yourself in the scene. Literally, just make up a name for yourself. Something like “Pitz”, “Tik-Tack” or even “Slimey” will work fine.
- Don’t let anyone see you get dropped off at shows by Mom. Tik-Tack gets to shows on his own.
Stage 2: Ages 15-17
- Start forming lasting relationships. These people will most likely be your friends for the entirety of the next three years.
- Plan ahead; take time to think about when you want to retire from hardcore. Notice the people around you who are still trying desperately to hold on.
READ THE FULL ARTICLE AT THIS LOCATION
Photo: Lars Frederiksen (RANCID / OLD FIRM CASUALS)