Known for their unorthodox approach to song titles, Athens, Greence based experimental noise rock / post hardcore instrumentalists LIVING UNDER DRONES don’t seem to suffer from writers’ block. Rather, they prove themselves to have an imagination that needs to be both channeled and harnessed in order not to get too experimental. Similarly to their previous work, their new album “Knot On Knot” extends the challenges they set for themselves to the listeners and moves with great finesse. Today, we’re pleased to give you its exclusive first listen below.
”Knot on Knot” marks the third release of Living Under Drones, recorded live during the spring of 2021 in Piper Studio (Athens) amid lockdown measures, police suppression and curfew. It was engineered and mixed by Andreas Venetis (Three Second Kiss, Uzeda, One Dimensional Man, also collaborated with Steve Albini and Ian Burgess). Mixing was done in Unreal Studios (Athens) and mastering was completed in Chicago by Carl Saff.
In a broader sense, the band draws upon the 90’s post hardcore scene interlaced with a variety of noise modalities derived from various noise, no-wave and noise rock acts of 80’s and 90’s. The offering is constantly intersected between repetitive dry riffage and heavy fx usage with unfolding noise patterns.
“Knot on Knot” will be released in 12” LP vinyl via Body Blows Records, Sweetohm Recordings, Ypoga K94, Studio From the Down, Rebel Kollektiv Distro.
1. Hands, Knuckles, Claws, Teeth, Knives and More Tools Like These Were Attached On Our Hunched-forward Bodies Before We ‘ve Ever Known, Waiting Patiently But The Same Time Enthusiastically, For Anyone Who Shall Attempt a Pacifistic Handshake, a False Ego Disarmament Just to Know Us Better
2. Petty-Bourgeois Intellectuals Have No Grief, But On The Contrary A Great Deal of Pleasure, Where There Are Bowed Open-Mouthed Audiences Under The Gibbet of an Overwhelming Authority to Over-awe Them All
3. Power and Oppression Are Reflected In The Faces Of My Father, My Mother, My Teacher, My Employer, My Governor, My Commander, My Edifier, My Doctor, My Jailer, My Lover, My Husband: Knot on Knot on Knot on Knot on Knot on Knot on Knot on Knot on Knot on Knot
4. Waiting My Turn in a Huge Column Outside The Newly Constructed But Long Awaited Algorithmic Hospital. An Endless Line of Generous Data Donors is Ready to Provide With Experiential Implants Almost One Billion SocialMediaAddicts in Despair: Overcoming the Boundaries of Birth & Death in Digital No-Life
5. The Uprooting Of Authority And The Broadcast of Utopia in The Space-Time Discontinuum Of Constant Conflict: Squat Network As A Civilization
6. This Colossal Metropolitan Body is Built of Athenian Digital Concrete