The 22nd Ieperfest will take place in Ieper, Belgium from August 8-10, 2014. The festival crew has announced the full line up! See the full list below!
A brand new Ieperfest website has been launched earlier this year. Go here to admire it and scroll down to see the newest update including some lineup changes and a bunch of useful information only one week before the big launch! Get ready folks!
UPDATE July 31st:
White smoke! The dice has finally been cast. The past few weeks we received a couple of blows to the head when band after band cancelled their tours, for a number of reasons beyond our control. No less than 10 bands decided not to come over to Europe and Ieperfest after all. However, we got back on our feet, dusted ourselves off and sought ànd found 10 more than adequate acts to re-complete the Ieperfest 2014 line-up. The following bands have regretfully cancelled their Ieperfest appearance: ARSONISTS GET ALL THE GIRLS, BLACKLISTED, GORGUTS, INFEST, MURPHY’S LAW, POISON IDEA, PYREXIA, RAMALLAH, STRIFE and SUBZERO.
We are aware of the fact that some of these bands have cancelled a while ago already, and apologise that it has taken us so long to come with this official statement. It is, and has always been our policy to communicate cancelling bands when, and only when, we have found proper replacements.
Normally, this goes rather fast, but when 10 bands cancel in just a few weeks/days time, it takes a while to get organized, and get in touch again with several bands, bookers, agents… We would like to state clearly that none of these cancellations were due to malpractice on our behalf, and are completely out of our control. It has learned us a thing or two for the future though…
Enough whining, enough nagging… The following newly confirmed acts will be hitting the Ieperfest stage on 8, 9 and 10 August. Ready? Here goes!:
- AGENT ORANGE (US) // All the way from sunny California, and around since the dawn of times, playing their own blend of punkrock. Besides performing some tight rocking tunes the band has always been about having fun and living life to the fullest. Let´s hope they´ll bring the sun to the Ieper festival site.
- BROKEN TEETH (UK) // Hailing from the industrial northern part of England these lads have succeeded in making a name for themselves in the worldwide hardcore scene. For fans of COLD WORLD, NO TURNING BACK and CRUEL HAND.
- CONAN (UK) // Naming your band after one of the most iconic Barbarians the world has known, you are bound to play some fierce music. Powerful pounding riffs and rhythms will break your bones like a battle axe from the Chimerean age. For fans of WINTER, GRIEF and SUNN O))).
- CORNERED (NL) // Friesland’s hardest, known for their outspoken views and cromagnon flavoured tunes. Bringing old school hardcore to the masses just like we love it: in your face, with a tàd of spit. Really happy to have them back at Ieperfest.
- CORRUPT MORAL ALTAR (UK) // Being referred to as a “demented mixture of EXTREME NOISE TERROR and IRON MONKEY”, you know these guys are doing things right. CMA has been the flavor of the month of several highly acclaimed icons of the scene and they will make sure to live up to the expectations this Ieperfest.
- SKELETONWITCH (US) // One of the hardest working metal bands from the US will rock the stages this year. Think of a furious thrash metal blend with both old school as well as new school touches. A treat for both hardcore kids as well as metalheads. Playing an early slot on Sunday.
- STIGMATA (US) // If you have not heard about these guys before, make sure to check out this legendary band from Troy. Having released several albums and being around for a good two decades the band will surely rip the stage apart. First ever ànd exclusive European performance at Ieperfest!
- SWAMPS (US) // Yet another one of those new talented bands that suddenly emerged from the ever flourishing US scene. Bringing a sound that could be described as being their own, this band is surely a name you will hear more often in the future. Get stoked and give these guys a warm welcome.
- WARHOUND (US) // Hailing from Chicago these guys are loved by many because of their no-nonsense attitude. Soundwise they make no compromises and do whatever they want. A crushing band that will surely make the crowd move in an intense frenzy. Fans of NO ZODIAC, BULLDOZE and FURY OF FIVE take note.
- WORLD EATER (DE) // For a band that started only 5 years ago, these youngsters have proven themselves to be a worthy addition to the worldwide hardcore scene. Touring, not only in their native country, has made them one of the tightest and most impressive live bands you will see and experience.
We have worked hard to complete our line-up and we are pleased and proud with the result. We can only hope you guys are as well. Check the line-up page to see who plays which day. A complete schedule including set times will be communicated shortly, so stay tuned.
Guess some of you may have heard by now that the newly added stage will be called the Trench stage. It’s a nice reference to the trenches in which our forefathers fought during WWI. And many hardcore bands have also been (and still are) in the trenches speaking out against society and its many injustices. Let’s stand up for what we believe in!
Thursday 7 August we will have 4 bands kicking it hard at the pre-fest in the Marquee tent. This show will be free for people with an Ieperfest weekend ticket. Damage for all others is €5. The line-up will be communicated shortly. Expect some serious headbangs and moshpits though.
Tickets have been selling extremely well. Sales are breaking every record to date. There are still plenty left, so don’t hesitate to get yours in pre-sale. It’ll save you 10 Euro!
Now let’s talk vegan food. After our successful little experiment with different food stands last year, we decided to elaborate on that idea a bit and add a few catering partners. The following food wizards have confirmed their presence at Ieperfest 2014: De Frietketel, Just Like Your Mom (NEW!), Loving Hut Express (NEW!), Koek en Zopie, Dolce Sophia, Veganz (tbc, NEW!), and our very own Ieperfest catering team. A detailed menu will be online soon. We can already confirm that everything will be extremely vegan and even moreextremely delicious!
Hardcore is, of course, more than music! Our more than music program has been updated today. Go and take a look, and get involved!
More news will follow soon, so stay tuned. Only one week to go, suuuuuuuuper stoked!
The Winter edition of the fest was held on March 1, 2014, also in Ieper. The line-up was:
A WILHELM SCREAM (US)
SETTLE THE SCORE (DE)
TOXIC HOLOCAUST (US)